Bachelor of Science in Marketing
Normal Time to Completion: Four Years
This program is offered on Main Campus, online, evenings, and weekends.
Students in the Bachelor of Science in Marketing program gain an understanding of current marketing theory and practices. The program is focused on current technological advances in marketing, ethical marketing practices, consumer relationships, and internet-based marketing trends. Students will gain job-oriented skills in brand development, social marketing, multi-cultural advertising, market research, strategic marketing, and sales promotions. Through analysis of current markets, students will learn how to measure the effectiveness of marketing strategies locally, nationally, and globally. Graduates are positioned for careers as customer relationship managers, social media marketers, public relations and fundraising managers, retail managers, digital marketers, and marketing managers. They will be able to develop marketing strategies in business-to-business, business-to-consumer, and consumer-to-consumer segments across all sectors of the marketplace. This degree program is programmatically accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
Bachelor of Science in Marketing Program Outcomes
- Marketing Strategy - Evaluate the role of strategic marketing and formulate a plan to maximize an organization's overall marketing objectives.
- Managing Marketing - Identify key target markets and develop a suitable strategic marketing mix to satisfy those key markets.
- Marketing Research - Synthesize marketing research results to make better decisions in the creation of effective marketing strategies.
- Business Ethics - Students will examine and apply ethical and professional behaviors and standards to contemporary business situations.
- Communication - Students will communicate professionally using written and/or oral skills essential to success in the business environment.
- Fundamental Business Concepts - Students will demonstrate the ability to apply the fundamental concepts of management, marketing, accounting, finance, and economics in a business environment.