2022-2023 University Catalog 
    Jul 13, 2024  
2022-2023 University Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Financial Aid

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

All applicants interested in applying for federal aid should do so by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible during the application process.  The US Department of Education makes the  FAFSA available at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. Students must complete a FAFSA annually. The FAFSA is the only application necessary to apply for federal financial aid.

Post University's school code is 001401 and must be included on the FAFSA for the University to receive the students' information. The University will receive an Institutional Student Aid Report (ISIR) within 3-5 days. After a review, the University will determine award information for those who qualify.

Applying for Financial Aid

Students, and parents, if applicable, must create an FSA ID to complete and electronically sign the FAFSA. If students or parents don't already have a FSA ID, they can create one by visiting https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid. The authentication allows access not only to the FAFSA on the web, but also to other student aid websites.

The FAFSA allows the Office of Student Finance to determine eligibility for federal, state, and institutional aid.

Once the students submit the FAFSA electronically, they can expect to receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) within 3 -5 days. Students must review the SAR and follow any instructions for making corrections or updates. Should students need assistance with the SAR, Financial Aid Advisors are available to help.

The U.S. Department of Education will randomly select students for a process known as verification. Students receive notification of selection by a message on their SAR and a communication from their Financial Aid Advisor. The verification process must be complete before disbursement of any federal funds. Please note this process is time sensitive. The financial aid process is not complete until the receipt and approval of all necessary documents. 

Students who elect to accept Federal Direct Stafford Loans must complete or have valid Master Promissory Notes (MPNs). The MPNs contain information on students' rights and responsibilities for borrowing from the federal student loan programs. The students sign the MPNs electronically using the FSA ID and is available at https://studentloans.gov.

Students who choose to accept a Federal Direct Stafford Loan and are first time borrowers must complete Entrance Loan Counseling. The students complete the Entrance Loan Counseling electronically using the FSA ID available at https://studentloans.gov.

Financial Aid Award Information

The University's Office of Student Finance determines financial aid award information for eligible students who successfully complete and submit a FAFSA. Students can view their award information on their student portal. If they wish to reduce or decline any portion of their award, they must reach out to their Financial Aid Advisor. Loans are an obligation that must be repaid, we encourage students to borrow responsibly and only borrow the amount they need for their tuition and fees.  Additionally, borrowing can result in the students reaching their aggregate loan limit before they complete their education, causing them to rely on private funding to finish paying for college.

Students typically use a combination of funds to finance their education and manage their living expenses while attending classes:

  1. Federal Student Aid
  2. Institutional Aid
  3. Scholarships*
  4. Alternative Loans/Private Loans
  5. Payment Plans
  6. Other Resources

*The University recommends and encourages students to research and apply for external scholarships. Apply for financial aid early as some funds are awarded on a first come, first served basis.

Students may find that federal aid is not enough to cover all their educational expenses. Payment plans are available to cover out-of-pocket expenses. Federal Parent PLUS Loans and private student loans may be available for those who qualify. Additional information on the Federal Parent PLUS loan is available at https://studentaid.ed.gov. Private loan information can be found at https://www.elmselect.com.

Types of Federal Aid

General Eligibility Requirements

To receive federal student aid, students must:

  1. Enroll as regular students in an eligible program
  2. Have a high school diploma, GED, or home school certificate
  3. Be U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen
  4. Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
  5. Maintain half-time enrollment*
  6. Not be in default on a federal loan or owe repayment on a federal grant
  7. If male, between the ages of 18 and 25, have registered with Selective Service

*Half-time enrollment is not a requirement for Federal Pell grants

Federal Pell Grants

A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid.  The students' financial need determines eligibility for this grant and the grant is limited to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor's or professional degree. Students cannot receive Federal Pell Grants at more than one institution concurrently. The amount of Federal Pell Grant funds students may receive over their lifetime is limited to the equivalent of six full-time years of Pell Grant funding.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is a need-based program for students with exceptional financial need. FSEOG funds are extremely limited and available only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor's or professional degree.

Federal Direct Student Loans

Federal Direct Loans are available for eligible students who are enrolled on at least a half-time basis. The definition of half-time enrollment for undergraduate students is a minimum of 6 credit hours per payment period.  The definition of half-time enrollment for graduate students is a minimum of 3 credit hours per payment period. The credits must count toward the students' programs of study. Loan repayment begins six months after the student either graduates, leaves school, or is enrolled less than half-time.

Subsidized Student Loans

Federal Direct Subsidized Loans are available to undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need. The U.S. Department of Education subsidizes interest while students are enrolled at least half-time or during grace or deferment periods. For the total amount a student is eligible to borrow, please review https://studentloans.gov.  

Unsubsidized Student Loan

Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans are available to undergraduate and graduate students. Loan limits are greater for independent undergraduate students than for dependent students. Graduate students are only eligible to receive unsubsidized student loans. Students are responsible for interest charges over the course of the loan(s).  For the total amount a student is eligible to borrow, please review  https://studentloans.gov.

Dependent students have lower unsubsidized annual loan limits than independent students. If the parent of a dependent student is denied a Direct PLUS Loan, the student will be awarded additional unsubsidized loans up to the independent limit. 

Parent Plus and Graduate Plus Loans

Direct PLUS Loans are loans for eligible graduate or professional students and eligible parents of dependent undergraduate students. Graduate or professional students should exhaust unsubsidized loans before borrowing Direct Graduate PLUS Loans.

Federal Student Loan Limits

Federal Direct Loans have both annual and aggregate limits. Annual loan limits apply to the academic year whereas aggregate limits apply to the students' entire borrowing histories. Annual loan limits may increase as students progress to higher grade levels. Loans are subject to proration for undergraduate students whose remaining length of the program of study is less than one academic year. Additional information on loan limits can be found at https://studentloans.gov.

Use of Funds for Educational Expenses

Federal financial aid may only be used to pay for educational expenses. Educational expenses include tuition, fees, room and board, and indirect expenses such as books, supplies, equipment, dependent childcare expenses, transportation, and rental or purchase of a personal computer. 

Disbursement of Federal Funds

The disbursement of federal funds to students' accounts occurs upon the receipt and review of all necessary documents. The disbursement of funds typically occurs the second week of a semester or term after the end of the add/drop period and the active verification of participation in courses.

Disbursement of Federal Funds to the Accelerated Degree Program Only

Eligible students can expect to receive a disbursement of their financial aid funds every term in which they are enrolled and are eligible. For questions concerning the disbursement of financial aid funds, students should contact their Financial Aid Advisors.  The University disburses aid each term that a student attends and no disbursement is made during periods of non-attendance.

Default Prevention and Management

The University provides financial literacy and repayment advising to help students throughout the repayment process for federal student loans. This service provides students a resource to answer any questions or concerns about student loan repayment. Regardless of the status of the loans or students' periods of attendance at the University, this resource is always available. Borrowers who default on student loans face serious consequences. Federal Stafford Loans are in default after 270 days of delinquency or non-payment. If loans go into default, it is reported to national credit bureaus and can negatively impact the borrower's credit ratings.

The University is a partner with Inceptia, a division of the National Student Loan Program, to provide borrowers with an additional resource concerning their federal student loan obligations to ensure successful loan repayment. Inceptia's customer representatives contact students about loan repayment options if they fall behind on payments and become delinquent. Inceptia is not a collection agency. Inceptia assists with alternative repayment plans, deferment, consolidation, discharge, forgiveness, and forbearance options. They will stay in touch via phone calls, letters and/or emails to help students find answers to questions and solutions to issues. For additional resources, including information on repayment options, please visit Inceptia's Federal Student Loan Overview at https://www.heroknowl.org/.

The Department of Education's guarantors and loan servicers engage in several methods of outreach to prevent borrowers from defaulting. To ensure that students are receiving the most current communications and notifications, they need to ensure they update their contact information with both Post University and their loan servicers. Students can also sign up for account access on their loan servicers' website(s).

It is important for students to maintain relationships with their federal loan servicers to remain informed about the statutes of their loans. It is the responsibility of students to track the amounts of money they borrow at all institutions to understand the total they must repaid when entering the repayment period. Students can access their financial aid history on the NSLDS website https://studentaid.gov by logging in with their FSA ID.

Post University Financial Literacy and Repayment Advising

Department Contact
Telephone: 800.345.2562 ext. 2752 or 203.591.5578
Fax: 203.841.1137 Email: [email protected]
Social Media: Facebook.com/PostFLRA or Twitter.com/PostFLRA

Exit Counseling Policy

If students withdraw, take less than half-time classes, or graduate (even if planning to transfer to another school), regulations require they complete exit counseling for their Federal Stafford Direct loans. During exit counseling students can review the terms and conditions of their federal loans, how to understand and repay loans, how to avoid late payments and default, and how to prioritize finances.

The University will notify all recipients of federal student loans to complete exit counseling. The students will receive this reminder within 30 days of the determination date that they were no longer in attendance at the University or went below half-time enrollment.

Students will need the following information to complete exit counseling:

  1. FSA ID
  2. The outstanding balance of their federal student loans.  (This information can be found at https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/sign-in/landing)    
  3. Names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of their closest relatives, two references who live in the United States, and the name of the students' employers or future employers (if known)

The students will be provided with their rights and responsibilities and receive contact information for their assigned loan servicers. Additional information about the following will also be provided:

  1. Avoiding delinquency and default
  2. Loan repayment by plan and amount
  3. Deferment and forbearance (postponement options)
  4. Loan consolidation
  5. Payment of interest and capitalization
  6. Money management
  7. Conditions for canceling or forgiveness

The US Department of Education (ED) provides borrowers with important information which can be found in the  Direct Loan Exiting Counseling Guide at: https://studentaid.gov/sites/default/files/loan-exit-counseling.pdf. This guide gives a general overview of the information students need for successful repayment of their federal student loans.  The students' Master Promissory Notes or Borrower's Rights and Responsibilities Statements provide additional information.  Students can access this information at  https://studentaid.gov/  using their ED Federal Student Aid ID to complete the exit counseling session. 

Repayment Plan Options

There are various types of repayment plans available to borrowers. Students can choose the repayment plan that best works for their financial situation. For more information on payment options, we encourage you to visit the following link: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/repayment/plans.

Forms of Payment Relief

Changing Payment Plans

Different payment plans may be necessary to accommodate borrowers' financial situations. Under the Federal Family Education Loan Program, repayment plans may change once a year. Under the Federal Direct Student Loan Program, repayment plans may change at any time if the maximum repayment periods under the new plans are longer than the time the loans have already been in repayment.

Deferment or Forbearance

Federal loan servicers also offer deferment or forbearance options for situations when students may be having trouble making payments. If borrowers meet certain requirements, deferments allow the borrower to temporarily suspend payments on loans. If borrowers do not meet the eligibility requirements for deferments but are temporarily unable to make loan payments, then (in limited circumstances) forbearance allows the borrower to temporarily stop making payments on their loans, temporarily make smaller payment, or extend the time for making payments. Students are responsible for applying for these options with their loan servicers and must continue making payments until receiving notification that the request has been granted. For more details visit the loan servicers' websites or the Federal Student Aid website at https://studentaid.gov.

Loan Consolidation

The ED allows borrowers to consolidate (combine) multiple federal student loans into one loan. Consolidation extends the repayment period, resulting in a lower monthly payment which may make repaying the loans easier. The interest rate for consolidation is fixed for the life of the loan, and there is flexibility to repay the loan in full or in part, without penalty, at any time during the life of the loan. Borrowers can find out more information about consolidation by visiting: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/consolidation.

The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)

Students are responsible for monitoring all federal student loans they receive and outstanding balances. This information is available through the https://studentaid.gov/ website. The Student Access Website is available 24/7. It provides information on the amounts of Pell or loan funds, loan statuses, outstanding balances, the students' loan servicers, and disbursements.  Students can access their financial aid history through https://studentaid.gov/ by logging in with their FSA ID.

Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4)

Post University disburses Title IV federal financial aid funds after the start of each semester or term to eligible students. Title IV federal financial aid is disbursed based on the assumption that a student will complete each payment period for the Title IV federal financial aid awards. In the event the student does not complete their payment period, the U.S. Department of Education (ED) requires the University to determine when a student withdrew, and if the student has earned the amount of Title IV federal financial aid they have received. The University meets this obligation by calculating a Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4). For Post University students, a payment period is defined as one semester or two consecutive 8-week terms.

The University withdrawal policy defines when a student is considered withdrawn. For Title IV federal financial aid purposes, the University considers a student withdrawn from the payment period if the student does not complete all the scheduled days in the payment period. This includes students who fail to earn grades or withdraw from all courses and do not confirm future enrollment.

Students are considered withdrawn if they officially withdraw, are administratively withdrawn, receive an academic or judicial dismissal, do not complete all the scheduled days in the payment period, or do not earn a grade in any coursework for the term or semester in accordance with the University's withdrawal policies.

For students who officially withdraw, the date of withdrawal is the earlier of the student's official notification to the university or the date the student began the official withdrawal process. Students who wish to officially withdraw must follow the published withdrawal policy. For students who do not provide official notification, the date of withdrawal is the date the University becomes aware the student has ceased attendance.

The amount of Title IV federal financial aid the student earns is determined by a specific formula. If the student (or the parent on the student's behalf) receives more Title IV federal financial aid than the student has earned, Post or in some cases, the student must return the Title IV federal financial aid funding. If the withdrawal occurs before a student completes 60% of the payment period, the amount of Title IV federal financial aid is determined on a pro rata basis. If the student completes more than 60% of a payment period, the student will have earned 100% of the Title IV federal financial aid.

The formula is a calculation of the number of calendar days attended divided by the number of total calendar days in the payment period excluding any scheduled breaks of 5 consecutive days or more. The resulting percentage is used to determine the Title IV federal financial aid earned.  For example, if a student completed 30% of the payment period the student will earn 30% of the Title IV federal financial aid originally scheduled for the student to receive.  If the student received excess Title IV federal financial aid funds that must be returned, the University must return a portion of the excess funds equal to the lesser of:

  • The institutional charges multiplied by the unearned percentage of the excess Title IV federal financial aid funds; or
  • The entire amount of excess Title IV federal financial aid funds.
  • The University must return the amount even if it did not keep the amount of the Title IV federal financial aid funds.  If the University is not required to return the remaining amount, the student may be required to return the remaining amount.
  • For any loan funds that a student must return, the student or the parent (in the case of PLUS loans) must repay the loan funds in accordance with the terms and conditions of the master promissory note.  Therefore, students and parents may not be required to repay any loan funds immediately, but instead, students and parents will need to make scheduled payments to the holder of the loan over a period of time.
  • Any amount of unearned grant funds that a student must return is called an overpayment.  The maximum amount of a grant overpayment that a student must repay is any amount in excess of the grant funds a student received or was scheduled to receive. A student does not have to repay a grant overpayment if the original amount of the overpayment is $50 or less. A student must make arrangements with the University or the Department of Education to return the unearned grant funds.

If students earn less than the amount of Title IV federal financial aid funds disbursed, the University must return a portion of those funds to ED. The University makes the return of funds in the following order no later than 45 days from the date the University determines the student has withdrawn, in accordance with the withdrawal policy stated above.  The University will return any unearned funds in the following order:

1.  Unsubsidized Direct Stafford Loans

2.  Subsidized Direct Stafford Loans

3.  Direct PLUS Loans

4.  Federal Pell Grants

5.  Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)

If students are eligible for additional disbursements of Title IV federal financial aid funds because they received less Title IV federal financial aid than the amount that the student or parent (in the case of PLUS loans) has earned, students or parents may be eligible for a post-withdrawal disbursement. The University will credit Pell and FSEOG grant funds from post-withdrawal disbursements to the students' accounts to pay for tuition, fees, and room and board, or any other authorized institutional charges, or will make a disbursement directly to the students. If post-withdrawal disbursements include loan funds. the University will send students or parents (in the case of PLUS loans) a notification. Students and/or parents must authorize the University to release all or a portion of the loan amounts within 14 days of the notification and may also authorize the University to apply the funds to outstanding balances. For the students to receive post-withdrawal disbursements, they must meet all eligibility requirements. Any excess funds remaining after a return of Title IV federal financial aid funds or post-withdrawal disbursement will be refunded to the students.

The requirements for Title IV federal financial aid funds when a student withdraws are separate from Post University's tuition refund policy. Therefore, if the University must return funds on the student's behalf, they may still owe the University for tuition, fees, and room and board charges which result from the return of Title IV federal financial aid funds.  The amount of funds the University returns on the student's behalf will no longer cover these charges.    

Withdrawal for Military Leave 

Military students who can no longer begin or continue their education due to a Military service obligation must:

  • Notify their Academic Advisor for Main Campus students or Academic Success Counselor for Accelerated Degree Program students, and the Office of the Registrar and/or Military Admissions that they have a Military service obligation that will prohibit them from continuing as a student in the current academic term.
  • Provide the Office of the Registrar with a copy of their military orders or other documentation that demonstrates a need to withdraw from the current academic term to meet the military needs of their branch of the service.

Students who meet the criteria listed above are eligible for the following:

If the request for withdrawal is during the first half of the term/semester, students will receive no grade for the courses in which they are enrolled, no course credit shall be awarded, and the term shall not be counted toward in the pace of completion for satisfactory academic progress. A full refund of tuition and/or room and board will be granted.

If the request for withdrawal is after the first half of the term/semester, students can elect to:

  1. Withdraw (W) from their classes and receive a full refund of tuition*, or,
  2. Request to receive no credit or grade for the course, or,
  3. Request an Incomplete (IN) from their instructors and arrange to complete all required course assignments within a specified timeframe. (See Incomplete Policy in the University Catalog). The term shall count as a term in residence.

*If the students elect to take a W for the course, this may impact their satisfactory academic progress in the future and should be discussed with their Academic Success Coordinator.

If a military student's absence will extend into multiple terms, the student will be granted a Military Leave of Absence while they are performing their service obligation. The Military Leave of Absence will expire five (5) years after the end of the service obligation.  Students on a Military Leave of Absence will be able to resume their education without the need of reapplying to Post University by contacting the Office of Military Admissions or the Office of the Registrar.

VA Benefits & Military Federal Tuition Assistance

VA Benefits: The University has a team of specialists who work exclusively with military students. According to the University's Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the US Department of Defense, these specialists are not permitted to advise students on which benefits to use.  This discussion and decision are best made between the veteran students, the eligible family member students, and the Veterans Administration. For more information on determining which benefit to use, please visit www.va.gov.

Military-eligible students receiving acceptance into programs of study with US Department of Education approval must supply their Certificates of Eligibility and complete VONAPPs, 22-1990 (New Benefits), 22-1995 (Change of Benefits), 22-5490 (Dependents, Chapter 35), or 28-1905 (Vocational Rehabilitation) documents to their Military Finance Specialists for certification by the VA for the student's first term. Once students enroll in their second terms, they must notify the University's VA Certifying Official. All future enrollment changes must be sent to the University's VA Certifying Official.

Dependent children and spouses of veterans who are the beneficiaries of military Veteran Affairs educational benefits may apply for these benefits by completing VA Form 22-1990e.  Family members will complete and submit the form to Veteran Affairs only after approval by the Department of Defense for the request for the transfer of educational benefits.  

Paper versions of the VA forms are available from the University's VA Certifying Official or via email request. Veterans receive benefits for actual credit hours in attendance. Veterans must report any changes of status after registration to the University's VA Certifying Official.

Determination of eligibility for VA benefits is on a term-by-term basis. Veteran students who do not make satisfactory academic progress (their cumulative grade point averages fall below 2.0) will receive notice if they are on probation by the VA. They will have one term in which to meet satisfactory academic progress standards or the VA will terminate their veteran benefits.

Yellow Ribbon Program: The University is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program.

Effective August 1, 2019, in accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), The University adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. The University will not:

  1. Prevent the student's enrollment
  2. Assess a late penalty fee
  3. Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding
  4. Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution

    However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:

  5. Provide Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility (or its equivalent) or for Chapter 31, VA VR&E's contract with the University on VA Form 28-1905 by the first day of class
    (Note: Chapter 33 students can register at the VA Regional Office to use E-Benefits to get the equivalent of a Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility. Chapter 31 student cannot obtain a complete VA Form 28-1905 (or any equivalent) before the VA VR&E case-manager issues it to the University)
  6. Provide written request to be certified
  7. Provide additional information that may be part of the University's policies to certify the enrollment

In a case in which an individual is unable to meet a financial obligation to the University due to a delay in disbursement of a payment by the Secretary under Chapter 31 or 33 of such title and the amount of such disbursement is less than amount foreseen, nothing in section 3679(e) of such title, as added by subsection (a), shall be construed to prohibit the University from requiring additional payment or imposing a fee for the amount that is the difference between the amount of the financial obligation and the amount of the disbursement.

Military Federal Tuition Assistance: The US Department of Defense has various tuition assistance programs. For active duty military members, military tuition assistance may cover up to 100% of tuition costs for all courses. It is important to understand that each branch of the service manages tuition assistance differently, and each branch has specific eligibility requirements. The military service members must refer to their specific branches of service for current information regarding military tuition assistance policies and procedures.

For Questions Regarding Financial Aid or Payment Contacts

Main Campus Student Accounts

Office of Student Finance
Post University
P.O. Box 2540
800 Country Club Road
Waterbury, CT 06708-2540
Telephone: 203.828.1848
Fax: 203.841.1131
Email: [email protected]

Main Campus Financial Aid

Office of Student Finance
Post University
P.O. Box 2540
800 Country Club Road
Waterbury, CT 06708-2540
Telephone: 800.345.2562
Fax: 203.841.1157
Email: [email protected]

Accelerated Degree Program Student Accounts

Post University
P.O. Box 2540
800 Country Club Road
Waterbury, CT 06708-2540
Telephone: 203.828.3073
Fax: 203.841.1119
Email: [email protected]

Accelerated Degree Program Financial Aid

Office of Student Finance
Post University
P.O. Box 2540
800 Country Club Road
Waterbury, CT 06708-2540
Telephone: 800.660.6615
Fax: 203.841.1092
Email: [email protected]

Accelerated Degree Program Military Student Finance

Post University
P.O. Box 2540
800 Country Club Road
Waterbury, CT 06708-2540
Telephone: 800.345.2562
Fax: 203.841.1205
Email: [email protected]

Accelerated Degree Program Military Financial Aid

Post University
P.O. Box 2540
800 Country Club Road
Waterbury, CT 06708-2540
Telephone: 203-596-4601
Fax: 203.841.1205
Email: [email protected]

Federal Student Work-Study

The Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program provides jobs for undergraduate and graduate students who demonstrate financial need. FWS gives the student a chance to earn money to help pay for educational or personal expenses while working on campus or in community service work.

A FWS student is paid through a combination of institutional and federal funds. FWS Students are eligible to receive an award each academic year.   Once the student has earned their total FWS award, the student is no longer eligible for FWS employment unless chosen to be hired as a Student Worker and paid through the hiring department's budget. 

To apply please click the link https://post.edu/associate-experience/career-opportunities/fws/


In addition to its participation in federal financial aid programs, the University offers several scholarships to Main Campus Students. Scholarship awards have no repayment obligation. Merit scholarships are renewable if students maintain satisfactory academic progress. For more details on scholarships and qualification requirements, please see your Admissions Counselor.

Main Campus Merit Scholarships for Incoming First-Time Freshmen

Academic Merit Scholarship Merit* 2022-2023: $18,000 - 2023-2024: $10,000
The Merit Scholarship is available to full-time, incoming freshmen with a high school GPA of 3.50 or higher. Students who receive this scholarship are eligible to participate in the Honors Program and we recommend they do so.
Academic Merit Scholarship Merit* 2022-2023: $15,000 - 2023-2024: $7,000
The Merit Scholarship is available to full-time, incoming freshmen with a high school GPA of 3.00-3.49. Students who receive this scholarship and have a GPA of at least 3.2 are eligible to participate in the Honors Program and we recommend they do so.
Academic Merit Scholarship Merit* 2022-2023: $12,000 - 2023-2024: $4,000
The Merit Scholarship is available to full-time, incoming freshmen with a high school GPA of 2.50 - 2.99.
Academic Merit Scholarship Merit* 2022-2023: $9,000 - 2023-2024: $2,000
The Merit Scholarship is available to full-time, incoming freshmen with a high school GPA of 2.00 - 2.49.

*Scholarships awards are made to students whose admission application arrives before the March 1st priority date, depending upon funds available.

Main Campus Merit Scholarships for Transfer Students

Academic Merit Scholarship* 2022-2023: $14,000 - 2023-2024: $10,000
The Merit T14 Scholarship is available to full-time, incoming transfer students who have at least 15 college credits with a cumulative grade point average of 3.50 or higher.
Academic Merit Scholarship* 2022-2023: $12,000 - 2023-2024: $7,000
The Merit T12 Scholarship is available to full-time, incoming transfer students who have at least 15 college credits with a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 - 3.49. Students who receive this scholarship and have a GPA of at least 3.25 are eligible to participate in the Honors Program and we recommend they do so.
Academic Merit Scholarship Merit* 2022-2023: $10,000 - 2023-2024: $4,000
The Merit T10 Scholarship is offered to full-time, incoming transfer students with a cumulative grade point average of 2.50-2.99.
Academic Merit Scholarship Merit* 2022-2023: $8,000 - 2023-2024: $2,000
The Merit T8 Scholarship offered to full-time, incoming transfer students with a cumulative grade point average of 2.00-2.49.

*Scholarships are awarded to students whose admission application is received before the March 1st priority date, depending upon funds available.

Other Scholarships

Principal to President Scholarship 2022-2023: $15,000 - Each Four Years -  2023-2024: $10,000 - Each Four Years
Participating high school principals will nominate qualified students based on academic abilities rather than academic achievements. Candidates will be students who, for a multitude of reasons, did not achieve their full academic potential yet will benefit from an education at Post University. Candidates must be high school graduates and submit all scholarship information.

The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business Scholarship

Each year, the University awards full-tuition scholarships to two outstanding students who wish to pursue degrees in business from The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business on the University's Main Campus. Students must enroll as full-time residential students, have high school cumulative grade point averages of at least 3.65, and SAT scores of at least 1160 (composite score) or ACT of 24, and meet eligibility requirements.  The applicant must submit an essay as part of the application process.  Academic excellence and a commitment to quality are the factors the Admissions Committee and Business Faculty Readers use to determine the recipients.  Once selected, to remain eligible for the scholarship each year, the recipient must maintain the status of a full-time residential student pursuing a degree within The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business and maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 3.50.

The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business Scholarship Through the Connecticut Community Foundation

The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business Scholarship is a $1,000 annual scholarship award through the Connecticut Community Foundation to an incoming freshman with the interest of pursuing a degree in business through the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business.

Post College Foundation Scholarships

Post College Foundation, Inc. accepts annual scholarship applications from students residing in northwest Connecticut and carrying a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 entering any year of an undergraduate or graduate degree program in business or the arts and sciences. An application and essay are requirements.  Applications and details are available from the Office of Student Finance.

Athletic Scholarships

Average Athletic Award






The University awards scholarships to student-athletes in many of its NCAA Division II programs. Students should contact the head coach of their sport of interest for more information on athletic awards. To maintain this scholarship, student-athletes must meet NCAA requirements.

Returning Student Scholarships

Returning Student Scholarships in the amount of $500 are available to students who demonstrate high scholastic achievement throughout their enrollment at the University.  Students must make application each year.  Applications are available the second week of March and are due by the date noted on the annual application.  Applications can be obtained from the Office of Student Finance. 

Alumni Association Scholarship Joseph & Christin Alix Scholarship
Charles H. Zwicker Scholarship Louis D. Traurig Scholarship
Christopher Love Scholarship Maureen A. Gouldin Scholarship
Damon Palladino Scholarship Max Traurig Scholarship
Edward/Rose Traurig Scholarship Phyllis DeLeo & Jay Alix Scholarship
Edwin Angevine Scholarship Post Family Scholarship
Equine Resource Scholarship Raymond A. LaMoy Athletic Scholarship
J.P. Morgan Chase Scholarship Rose Traurig Female Athlete Scholarship

American Sentinel College of Nursing & Health Sciences Scholarships

"Yes You CANN" Scholarship
Severely Injured Military Scholarships
Native American/First Nations Nursing Scholarship 

 For information regarding scholarships available to American Sentinel College Students, please visit: