Master of Science in Project Management
Normal Completion Time: 22 Months
This program is offered online.
Post University's Master of Science in Project Management is designed to provide students with the practical skills and theoretical concepts required to successfully learn and manage long and short-term projects. The project management curriculum is aligned with the core principles from the Project Management Institute, covering the ten knowledge areas and five process groups. In addition, the core management courses in the curriculum provide students the tools needed to successfully lead in their organization. Students will complete a capstone project in an industry of their choice to gain experience and learn relevant skills that they can apply immediately in the workplace.
The Malcolm Baldrige School of Business at Post University now offers a PMP-CAPM® Exam Prep Course, 100% online. Post University is a Registered Education Provider as designated by the Project Management Institute.
Post University does not guarantee certification, and there are certification requirements outside of education. It is ultimately the responsibility of individual students to be in charge of their own certification process and to make sure that all requirements are met in obtaining certification. Post University does not speak on behalf of any licensing board or body. Learn more about project management credentials from the Project Management Institute: https://www.pmi.org/certifications, ScrumAlliance: https://www.scrumalliance.org/get-certified, Scrum.org: https://www.scrum.org/professional-scrum-certifications, and CompTIA: https://www.comptia.org/certifications.
- Students will create and effectively initiate, plan, track, and complete projects.
- Students will lead and manage multiple, sometimes interrelated, complex projects and effectively deal with conflicts that arise.
- Students will manage project risk, quality, and performance while effectively communicating with all project stakeholders.
- Students will implement an enterprise-level project portfolio management program based upon an organization's strategic business goals.
- Students will establish a personal code of ethics and social responsibility in the practice of project management as outlined in the Project Management Institute Code of Ethics.
- Students will identify and describe the roles and responsibilities needed to plan and execute a project quality plan.