Associate of Science in Legal Studies
Normal Program Completion Time: Two Years
This program is offered at the Main Campus and online.
Post University's Associate of Science in Legal Studies degree provides students with the opportunity to acquire specific legal skills and knowledge in the context of ethical practice. It is a career-focused pathway to a variety of professional careers where undergraduate legal skills are required. The program includes skills-based courses. Specific skills that are taught include, but are not limited to legal research, civil litigation, real estate closings, estate administration and probate practice, family law and practice, and bankruptcy practice. Careers are available in a large variety of law firms, corporate legal departments, the court system, and government agencies.
The Associate of Science in Legal Studies degree is not designed to fulfill the educational requirements for any legal credential, such as a state law license or a paralegal certification.
Associate of Science in Legal Studies Program Outcomes
- Students will achieve a professional level of organizational skills, including thinking, planning, and execution skills.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the team concept for the delivery of legal services.
- Students will achieve a professional level of written and oral communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate skills in the use of technology in the delivery of legal services.
- Students will demonstrate ethical awareness and understand the concept of integrity.
- Students will demonstrate a comprehensive, practical understanding of subject-specific skills-based on areas of legal work.
- Students will acquire knowledge of career opportunities in law firms, corporate legal departments, government, and non-profit settings.
- Students will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of various specialized areas of the law.