Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Normal Time to Completion: Four Years
This program is offered on the Main Campus, online, evenings, and weekends.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Degree (BSBA) is an interdisciplinary business degree that delivers a pathway for students to a successful and rewarding career in a variety of business fields. The degree emphasizes in coursework from core business areas which include Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, Economics, Business Communications, Business Operations and Business Ethics. In addition, there are several concentrations offered to allow students to increase their knowledge in a subject of interest.
Through career-focused coursework, students will develop vital decision-making processes, explore ethical issues in business, and examine the details of business operations. Their study culminates in a capstone, where students will apply the skills learned across the business curriculum. Graduates can pursue employment in the areas of administrative and operations management in corporate settings, retail and consumer products businesses, or manufacturing firms. This degree program is programmatically accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Program Outcomes
- Business Policy and Practice - Students will demonstrate a sound theoretical foundation in the practices and methods of business in the current competitive environment.
- Business Analytics and Problem Solving - Students will possess a variety of qualitative and quantitative analytical skills appropriate to problem solving in practical business situations.
- Teamwork in Business - Students will possess the interpersonal and teamwork skills necessary to succeed in modern business environments.
- Business Decision Making - Students will have practiced and demonstrated an understanding of the concepts and methods of business decision making, particularly under conditions of uncertainty.
- Global Business Perspectives - Students will develop a global perspective as it relates to the function of business in an increasingly multicultural and multinational business environment.
- Business Ethics - Students will examine and apply ethical and professional behaviors to contemporary business situations
- Communication - Students will communicate professionally using written and/or oral skills essential to success in the business environment.
- Fundamental Business Concepts - Students will demonstrate the ability to apply the fundamental concepts of management, marketing, accounting, finance, and economics in a business environment.